#Google - Credentials
The Serverless Framework needs access to account credentials for your Google Cloud account so that it can create and manage resources on your behalf.
#Create a Google Cloud Billing Account
You need a Billing Account with a credit card attached to use Google Cloud Functions. Here's how to create one:
- Click here, to go to the screen to create a new Billing Account.
- Enter the name of the Billing Account and enter your billing information. Then click Submit to enable billing.
- A Billing Account will exist already offering you a free trial. Please note that this will not work for Google Cloud Functions. Only a Billing Account with a valid credit card will work.
If necessary, a more detailed guide on creating a Billing Account can be found here.
#Create a new Google Cloud Project
A Google Cloud Project is required to use Google Cloud Functions. Here's how to create one:
- Go to the Google Cloud Console.
- There is a dropdown near the top left of the screen (near the search bar that lists your projects). Click it and select "Create Project".
- Enter a Project name and select the Billing Account you created in the steps above (or any Billing Account with a valid credit card attached).
- Click on "Create" to start the creation process.
- Wait until the Project was successfully created and Google will redirect you to your new Project.
- Verify your currently within your new Project by looking at the dropdown next to the search bar. This should mark your new Project as selected.
#Enable the necessary APIs
You need to enable the following APIs so that Serverless can create the corresponding resources.
Go to the API dashboard, select your project and enable the following APIs (if not already enabled):
- Google Cloud Functions
- Google Cloud Deployment Manager
- Google Cloud Storage
- Stackdriver Logging
You need to create credentials Serverless can use to create resources in your Project.
- Go to the Google Cloud API Manager and select "Credentials" on the left.
- Click on "Create credentials" and select "Service account key".
- Select "New service account" in the "Service account" dropdown.
- Enter a name for your "Service account name" (e.g. "serverless-framework").
- Select "Project" --> "Owner" as the "Role".
- The "Key type" should be "JSON".
- Click on "Create" to create your private key.
- That's your so called
keyfile which should be downloaded on your machine.
- Save the
keyfile somewhere secure. We recommend making a folder in your root folder and putting it there. Like this,
~/.gcloud/keyfile.json. You can change the file name from
keyfile to anything. Remember the path you saved it to.
provider config in
Open up your
serverless.yml file and update the
provider section with your Google Cloud Project id and
the path to your
keyfile.json file (this path needs to be absolute!). It should look something like this: